Welcome to the blog formerly known as The Life Of Writing

Sunday, 31 January 2016

Creatively Speaking: To NaNo Or Not To NaNo?

So the last couple of weeks have been a little sparse on the creative front - I put up a blind, I made a birthday card, done a bit of colouring etc.

However I have done more on the writing front.

I've still been reading Characters and Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card. But I've been taking a look at my main characters. When I say characters I mean 4 different MCs from technically 4 different story worlds.

I say technically because I know they all belong in different (ish) times but then I realised that they can't all exist in the same world.

The reason being that a real life event that occurs in character B's world would not have occurred if she existed in the same world as character A as her story changes history.

So I figure I'm dealing with at least 2 alternate realities.

And as the title suggests I'm also wondering whether or not to take part in NaNoWriMo this year. You might think that it's a bit early to think about this. But this isn't regular NaNoWriMo I'm talking about. No this is Camp NaNoWriMo which takes place in April and July and is a bit more flexible when it comes to your word count.

I've already decided not to take part in the A To Z Challenge in April on my other blog (as I have no clue what to post about... and I personally don't feel comfortable going in to April without a plan for the challenge).

So I would have the month of April free to take part in Camp... the only problem is which character's story to go with - I've already had a go at 3 of them in novel form and the 4th in short story form. But I think I'm going to have to continue looking at my characters and just see which one jumps out the most at me.

Only time will tell.

Til next week...

No comments: